R900 000.00 - R1 000 000.00 Per Year
- 3-year Diploma (NQF Level 6) or Degree in IT /Information Systems or Computer Science
- 10 years experience with complex, multi-faceted operational environments, large relational data repositories, business intelligence and data warehousing, of which a minimum of five (5) years must have been spent in: technical management role for application development and/or system operations; Architecting OLTP and/or OLAP databases and/or full BI environments; General management and proven track record in design, implementation, support and delivery of data warehouse, BI solutions and Data Integration.
- Must have extensive knowledge and understanding of full software development lifecycle methodologies, database concepts, dimensional database concepts and Data Warehouse architecture and design and data warehouse technical expertise in system design, best practices and component applications such as data architecture, RDBMS, data integration processes, business intelligence and analytic reporting tools.
- Experience in a Health Sector Environment advantageous.
- To develop and maintain the data warehouse/ BI strategy and policies and manage customer relations with all stakeholders in order to ensure effective service delivery in line with company information needs.
- Development of a BI architecture methodology.
- Establish and maintain a BI architecture framework.
- Manage the development of the BI Programme and align to the BI Strategy and various divisional strategies including all company business requirements.
- Design and implement the infrastructure to support all BI requirements.
- To manage and develop the DW team in order to ensure that staff are equipped to provide an enterprise BI platform that conforms to consistent methodologies and standards, with a focus on data integrity, quality and security.
- To develop and manage the service level agreements with stakeholders in order to ensure effective, efficient service delivery to the company.
- To manage the unit budget and software asset management to ensure software licence compliance and cost-effective utilization of resources.
- To define data architecture for custom business intelligence applications to ensure delivery of information to the organisation.
- To ensure that all of the products and data within the platform are architected and integrated as a cohesive unit, ensure proper documentation, source control and change management are adhered to in order to ensure the quality of the solution.
- To participate in BI product evaluation and business decisions to ensure fit and scale into the platform and the organization.
- To be responsible for ensuring delivery of projects, involving the implementation of additional BI features/data initiatives as per business requirements, by directing the activities of project managers.
- To stay abreast of best practice technology and recommend implementation of new BI products/methodologies in line with specific business needs.
- To manage the daily operations of the DW team to ensure effective delivery of the DW and interfaces including functionality, data integrity and database performance.