DevOps Engineers operate at the interface of development and operations within companies that develop software. Their involvement in each stage of a product's existence promotes efficiency and, ultimately, increased revenue.
You will be involved in various stages of each projects lifespan and should remain abreast of technological advancements to promote efficiency. You should also keep track of customer reviews and feedback to enhance marketability.
You should demonstrate excellent leadership skills and the capacity to mentor junior staff.
You should understand the projects, requirements and team dynamics, and be able to work within scrum and agile teams or environments.
You should maintain and develop working relationships with team members, project managers, internal and external stakeholders.
CORE VALUES & CHARACTER TYPE
- Shows honesty and integrity
- Excellent decision-making and collaborative abilities.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent people and project management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Not afraid to ask why.
- Learning and growth mindset
KEY REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with team, project members and clients to conceptualize, develop, and release software.
- Conducting quality assurance to ensure that the software meets prescribed guidelines.
- Rolling out fixes and upgrades to software, as needed.
- Securing software to prevent security breaches and other vulnerabilities.
- Collecting and reviewing team, project members and clients' feedback to enhance user experience.
- Suggesting alterations to workflow in order to improve efficiency and success.
- Develop and present ideas for projects based on gaps in the market and technological advancements.
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Testing and examining code written by others and analysing results
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and fixes
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions.
Education / Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or an adjacent field advantageous
- Prior experience at all phases of the software product life cycle, from conception to extinction.
- Experience in all phases of DevOps Life Cycle
- Experience using an array of automation tools.
- Familiarity with software security methods.
- Demonstrated experience using a wide variety of coding languages.
- Customer-oriented with the ability to receive and use constructive criticism.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Experience with GCP
- Sound knowledge of various operating systems and databases.
- Experience with Scrum Methodology
General Skills / Experience:
- Microsoft suite of products; Excel, Powerpoint, Word, etc
- Video Conferencing software like, Zoom, Skype, Meet
- Instant messaging platforms like; Slack, Skype Discord, etc
- Google Suite of products, Google Drive, Sheets, Word, Slides etc
- Project Management software like; Active Collab, Jira, Trello, Asana, Monday