Position - Divisional Financial Manager
Level - Senior-Level
Experience - 5+ years financial management experience
Qualification - Chartered Accountant/CIMA
Salary - R880k R1m CTC per annum plus performance bonus
Company - HVAC and Refrigeration, Engineering, Manufacturing
Sectors - Private, Government, Engineering, Manufacturing, Industrial
Location - Bellville, Cape Town
A successful privately-owned group specializing in the design, manufacturing, installation, maintenance, and servicing of commercial and industrial refrigeration systems and equipment for the supermarket, food, petro-chemical, and agricultural industries is seeking to recruit and appoint a Divisional Financial Manager at their offices based at Samrand.
Responsible for all aspects of financial control and reporting, the Finance Manager is the link between the accounting department and top management and is responsible for management accounting, budgeting, operational accounting, financial control, coordinating and overseeing of the financial reporting, as well as being responsible for the finalisation of the monthly financial process. This position will report directly to the Group Chief Financial Officer. Develop regular financial statements, prepare special projects and perform analysis for senior management.
The Financial Manager will be responsible for the following:
- To take ownership of the Financial Management for the business;
- Financial planning, forecasting and target setting and on-going advisory role;
- Budget Management, compiling of budgets, budget control and coordination (Preparation of detailed 5-year headline earnings budgets and cash flow forecasts);
- Ensure accurate, timely preparation of financial statements, reports and schedules;
- System Administration - ongoing evaluation and implementation of controls and changes, development input;
- Monitor and manage all internal systems and controls;
- Standardise business models to calculate and evaluate IRR of different products and investments;
- Responsible for the whole Company Secretary Function;
- Overall responsibility for legal, statutory, regulatory and operational compliance;
- Reviewing of accountants work;
- Authorising payments and primary responsible for banking profiles and treasury controls;
- Preparation of reports for the fortnightly Group Exco meetings;
- Working closely with management of various group companies with regards to reporting requirements and cash flow projections;
- Liaising with insurance brokers and ensuring adequate insurance cover;
- Review of agreements; and
- Dealings with external auditors and facilitating audits for the Company.
- Upholding of the Company Confidentiality Agreement;
- Compliance with all relevant legislations;
- Effective management and continuity of all related activities;
- All performance related tasks as required.
- Completed B Com Financial Accounting Degree;
- CA(SA) / Completed CIMA qualification with proof of CIMA membership;
- Expert MS Excel skills essential (Pivot tables, Data Management, V-Lookup, H-Lookup, Macros, etc.);
- ACCPAC experience essential.
Minimum & Basic Experience Needed:
- 5-8 years financial management experience (within a medium to large enterprise) with a manufacturing background is essential;
- Strategic Thinker with Exceptional Communication, Leadership, and Mentoring Skills;
- Proven success with Stakeholder engagement with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to facilitate dialogue, decisions, and action across a wide stakeholder spectrum, including those who are not financially minded;
- Position will require extensive interaction and involvement within operations and must have the ability to create meaningful relationships at all levels across branches nationally;
- Excellent attention to detail, strong analytical skills and ability to multi-task - The successful candidate must be comfortable to drive change and display a vibrant, driven and energetic personality.
- R880k R1m CTC per annum depending on previous experience and possible High Impact contribution within the organisation.
- Performance based Bonus, dependent on company and individual performance.