This new opportunity for a Manufacturing Financial Manager specifically for one of their divisions is with successful & growing industrial packaging manufacturing group in Johannesburg South. To give you an idea of where this post is positioned within this group - at the top of finance is the CFO, under him is a Group Finance Mgr. and this Divisional FM would have dual reporting to the Group Finance Mgr. and GM Ops.
PURPOSE OF ROLE - Management and maintaining the finance function and finance team of the division. Working closely with GM on deals, contracts, performance of division. Financial reporting to HQ of monthly results. Analysis of results and generate action plans for the variances.
People Management -
1. Day-to-day management of finance team
2. Training and assisting of finance team
3. Develop team to world class standards.
4. Working alongside GM on client and supplier interactions / contracts.
5. Engage across functions in the business to implement new systems and controls and gain an understanding of environment.
Financial Aspects -
1. To ensure accurate and timeous reporting of monthly management accounts.
2. Review and provide feedback of monthly results to GM and operations team.
3. Reporting of monthly results to holding company management (CEO, CFO and Group Finance Manager).
4. Review and perform analysis of monthly results compared budgets and forecasts
5. Manage and review of weekly cash flow forecasts prepared by financial accountant/cost and management account
6. Manage the annual statutory audit
7. Manage and oversee the budgeting process
8. Update monthly forecasts with the assistance of the GM
9. Compile the annual financial statements in Caseware
10. Prepare/review tax computation to be submitted to SARS
11. Prepare/review provisional income tax calculation
12. Prepare/review the deferred tax calculation
13. Review monthly VAT returns for accuracy prepared by the financial accountant before submission via efiling.
14. Management and review of fixed asset register
15. Manage CAPEX spend and perform necessary return on investment calculations
16. Review and authorise monthly balance sheet reconciliations prepared by the financial /cost and management accountants
17. Ensure timely resolution of all financial queries from all stakeholders
18. Manage all financial related strategies
19. To enforce financial controls are in order to maintain ethical standards and good corporate governance
20. Resolve tax queries received from SARS
21. Liaising with the bank i.e. asset finance requests, bank queries
22. Review of insurance contracts to ensure they are up to date and the business is suitably covered.
23. Review and management of BEE process relating to all finance related issues.
Costings / Gross Profit -
1. Understanding of costings of job shop environments.
2. Understand production variables.
3. Review to ensure accuracy of costing models with team.
4. Oversee reporting of cost and management packs - Inventory, delivery dates, performance, usage reports.
5. Strong manufacturing focus / experience.
6. Link work on the floor to financial data. Needs to understand the shop floor environment from a production point of view.
7. Ability to calculate costing models for special project work
Contractual obligations -
1. Manage SLA's with suppliers together with GM
2. Manage SLA's with clients together with GM
There will be ad hoc travelling to different sites required.