Boikago Recruitment Agency (Pty) Ltd
R350 000.00 - R600 000.00 Per Year
An automotive manufacturer in Pretoria is looking for an Vehicle Systems Configuration Technician To support the end of line electrical issues and root cause analysis on failures is completed.
- Single Point of Contact for Software Download, Key On Engine Off, Current Base, Wheel and Headlamp Adjustment & Rolling Road Testing Facilities
- Establish and perform root cause analysis for first run issues
- Communicate with other areas in plants on improving production processes
- Feedback to Quality PIC (Product Information Centre) room on issues
- Lead repair area feedback Pareto (metrics)
- Manage process, part and allocation changes in workstations (adds, deletes, new workstations) as requested by Process Engineering at Current Base Tests
- Confirm configurations are updated in the central database to match part additions, deletions and new workstations.
- Test New Vehicle configuration file
- Align Test sequence to Electronic Broadcast System
- Run status reports on the system to identify process and workstation concerns
- Coordination of Electrical Changes Interfaces with, Control Data Corporation, Vehicle Configuration And Test Systems and Vehicle Operation Manufacturing Engineering.
- Maintain Electrical Paynter chart.
- Create Model Area related Process Sheets in Global Study Process Alloaction System for End Of Line.
- Responsible for engineering changes of related processes.
- Responsible for process equipment of related processes & area.
- Assembly Issue Matrix participation (escalations).
- Maintain International organizational standard 9000 / ISO 14000 standards.
- Functional Check Report processing within 5 days or scheduled builds
- Support Process Coach to maintain model area related control plan of processes
- Implement & maintain process capability of related processes
- Implement & maintain process equipment of related processes & area
- Maintain process audits/confirmation of production processes
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- National Diploma Electrical (light current/Computer Systems) is a must
- Minimum of 2-5 years experience in an automotive industry is a must
- World Engineering Release System knowledge
- Computer literacy MS office
- Communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9000 / ISO 14000 / TS 16949
- Java, C++ Skills
- Be able to work independently and unsupervised.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Read schematic diagram
- Good Understanding of Microcontroller System.
- Root Cause Analysis
- Behavioural skills
- Quality mind set
- Logical thinker
- Leadership qualities
- Problem solver