Cape Town's fastest growing online fashion business are looking to expand their high performance team and are looking for an experience Engineering Manager in particular.
So... If you are a self-starter who is comfortable taking ownership over assigned projects while working collaboratively in a team environment then this one is for you. Your focus will be on continuously improving the engineering team which will require working closely with team leads and the CTO and you will also be responsible for managing new hires, ensuring your team remains at the high standard it's known for.
- 5+ years in development / management
- Experience with open source environments, PHP, Python, NodeJS, Linux, Docker.
- Experience with relational database systems - preferably MySQL
- Familiarity with revision control and build systems (specifically Git)
- Deep experience with issue tracking/management systems (specifically Jira)
- Good understanding of theoretical programming fundamentals, including but not limited to distributed systems, highly scalable systems, algorithms, data structures, design patterns and OOP
- Comfortable with the odd programming / technical job
- Experience with e-commerce based applications is advantageous
Cv's can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org