Job Title: Events Merchandiser – Cape Town
Reports to: Events Manager (Western Cape)
Department: Sales (Western Cape)
Location: Western Cape
Hours of Work: 8:00am to 5:00pm and overtime when required
Direct Reports: None
Liaises with: Sales Representatives, Events Coordinator, Warehouses, Customers
Main Purpose of The Role:
Responsible for set up and breakdown of promotional events in the Western Cape region.
Job Scope and Context:
Based on the road, with travel to event locations
Events & Promotions
Outputs Actions Performance Indicators (KPI)
1. Regional events and promotions set up according to set standards.
- Set up regional events:
- Promotional items and branding booked out per event based on requirements.
- Venue set up as per agreed standards by relevant brand.
- Back bar set up per event and ensuring displays are clean and tidy.
- Objectives of each event are agreed with Events Manager.
- Oversee the execution of regional events:
- Events are well professionally set up.
- Pre-promotion branding and merchandising present at events.
- Photos for promotion and displays available.
- Conduct post-event analysis with Events Manager/Assistant:
- Promotional items and branding collected and booked back into the system at the warehouse.
- Feedback forms and photos compiled and submitted by event.
- Outcomes of event are measured against objectives.
- Improvements are made in the planning and execution of events.
- Manage POS Material:
- POS booked out and returned in a good condition according to the agreed process.
- POS material stored and transported carefully ad appropriately.
- Any damaged or missing POS items reported to the Events Manager immediately.
2. Productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders maintained.
- Coordinate with Sales, Warehouse, Events Coordinator:
- Internal stakeholders aware of promotional and event activities.
- Stock is available.
- Sales Representatives kept informed of any changes or developments in their venues.
Minimum Educational Requirements and Work Experience:
- National Senior Certificate.
- 2 years event/merchandising experience in the liquor industry or within the FMCG environment.
- Drivers License.
- Be able to lift heavy boxes and equipment.
- Set up of Branding equipment at various venues.
- Movement of stock to and from locations.
Functional and Technical Competencies:
Event Management, Market & Environment, Results Orientation, Promotion, Merchandising, Evaluation of Commercial Activities, Customer Relationship Management.
Planning and Organising, Team Work, Communication, Technical Expertise, Presentation Skills, Influencing & Negotiation, Big Picture Thinking, Innovation, Making Things Happen, Initiative.
This job description is a broad reflection of the role and does not attempt to capture all specifics of the position. There may be variations within the same roles due to seniority or regional differences.