A beautifully located 5* Resort in the Garden Route, is looking for an Executive Sous Chef to join their kitchen brigade. The candidate will be required to assist the Executive chef with on-the-floor managing and control of our culinary areas within the F&B department, including food preparation, food service, catering event planning and back of house.
You will also have to provide a unique 5* product offering in all Hotel outlets and Restaurants in line with changing guest dining trends through continous product development whilst maintaining cost effective food production standards and operational efficiencies.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Keep abreast of trends in the culinary industry
- Develop and analyse recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labour and overhead costs.
- Design special product offerings to maximize usage of stock and to make use of slow moving stock
- Coordinate planning, budgeting or purchasing for all the food operations within the establishment(s) to ensure efficient operation
- Monitoring and controlling resources and assist in overseeing the spending of money
- Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including training, coaching, mentoring, setting and monitoring performance standards and discipline
- ensure that SHEQ and FCS requirements for each kitchen division are met