Our client is looking to hire Financial Accountants who is looking for career development to work alongside their finance team based in London. The successful candidates will ideally be based at their Stellenbosch office.
Our client manages over 400 residential and commercial blocks across London and continues to expand as a result of recommendations from clients and lessees who are happy with the attention, they receive from our management team. Our client also offers a property management service for landlords who let their property.
Their unique combination of experience has allowed them to put in place quality control systems of the highest standard. This makes them swift, flexible, and responsive, allowing them to absorb new instructions of any size with ease, so that their clients can be confident their buildings are managed with the utmost professionalism from day one.
The successful candidates will be working with a team of Service Charge Account Managers, Credit Controllers, Accounts Administrators and Property Managers and will be reporting to the Head of Service Charge Accounts.
To this end, the ideal candidates will have relevant experience in the property industry and have good knowledge of service charge / financial accounting.
- Preparation of accruals and prepayments.
- Prepare trial balances.
- Prepare annual leasehold accounts and company accounts in accordance with ACCA and ICAEW guidelines.
- Liaison with external Accountants and Auditors when required to go through the auditing processes.
- Liaison with clients.
- Communicating with teams of Property Managers on a daily basis to ensure correct costs allocation and handling financial queries.
- Managing year end surplus / deficit charges onto lessee accounts.
- Bank accounts reconciliation.
- Sending out service charge and ground demands.
- Monitoring and corresponding with Accounts Payable / Receivable regarding supplier invoices and incoming cheques.
- Monitor and manage unpaid supplier invoices previously held on the system due to no funds.
- Assist in Credit Controller in arrears chasing.
- Producing draft budgets for the period (including 10-year plan) and processing approved budgets.
- Suppliers invoices processing.
- Educated to a Financial Accounting Degree level.
- Possession of a professional qualification (SAICA or equivalent).
- Experience managing a team.
- Strong communication and technical skills.
- Good knowledge of property accounting systems as well as advanced MS Excel and Word Skills.
- Ideally 5 years post qualification property / financial accounting background / experience.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and attention to details.
Working hours: 09:00 to 18:00 Monday Friday.
Salary ranges from R23 000 - R28 000 per month (depending on experience).
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please apply online if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks from the date of this advertisement.