Forestry Operations Manager
A privately-owned forestry farm in the Graskop region, Mpumalanga, has a position available for a dynamic, innovative and highly responsible Forestry Operations Manager to oversee all farm operations and assure optimal farm efficiency, including compliance and certifications requirements.
- In cooperation with owners representative, compiling the annual plan of operations (APO), fire management and environmental management plans
- Managing and executing silviculture, enumeration, environmental and harvesting activities in the APO
- Ensuring that production and quality targets are achieved
- General progress reporting
- In cooperation with owners representative, composing of, and execution of annual budget
- Skilful management of subordinates, labour and forestry contractors
- Management of adherence to health, safety and environmental minimum standards, including fire safety; as well as adherence to Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC) certification principles
- Management and coordination of logs dispatching according to schedule
- General maintenance of machinery, vehicles and farm equipment; machine maintenance schedules, including preventative and proactive maintenance of equipment to ensure seamless farming operations; as well as stock taking
- Overseeing road and infrastructure/civil maintenance.