GERMAN CUSTOMER SERVICE HOST
This is a very exciting role within the growing German Sportsbook Department within the e-commerce industry, focusing on Online Casino, Poker, Bingo and Sportsbook for our international clients.
London will also be your first stop where you will complete your training and will start working while our immigration team processes your work visa application for Cape Town.
Full relocation assistance is provided by covering the cost of your flights, accommodation and shuttle service from the airport. You will be accommodated in fully furnished apartment with easy access to the office and public transport for your first 3 months.
Who we are looking for: Excellent customer service is characterized by having the authenticity and insight to proactively influence the sports punters towards a positive impact on revenue by being efficient, effective and competent in delivery.
As a Sportsbook Host, you will be accountable for continuously and consistently delivering excellent service to our German speaking clients.
The environment is fast-paced, 24 hours, 7 days - a - week business and our busiest times will be dictated by the sporting calendar. Bearing this in mind you must be flexible and adaptable as no two days will be the same. Shift roster will be however given to you well in advance and will be discussed with you.
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Customer relationship building and management by maintaining contact at an appropriate level through relevant information regarding sports and betting of products and services
- Respond promptly and interact effectively with sports punters via a different number of channels, namely calls, emails, webchat, and any other new channel.
- Ensure that more complex customer issues are followed up and resolved in a timely manner
- Contributing to maintaining the website with current topical events and promotions.
- Provide technical support to customers.
- Guide customers through the website and assist them using the various services and products offered
- Responsible for each transaction from beginning to end, including queries or complaints.
- Identifying good/bad business.
- Report any suspicious betting activity (including potential money laundering) to Traders in all instances
- Building and maintaining Customer Profiles - Processing pertinent information into relevant databases
- Act as an ambassador for Sportsbook as first point of contact.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Strong customer skills; ability to create rapport with customers, via telephone, chat and email
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written with German as home language) - especially: empathy, active listening skills, with the ability to read between the lines.
- Experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel and proficient in using social media.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills coupled with an untarnished history of attendance and adherence to schedule
- At least rudimentary knowledge of odds, percentages and betting margins
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and ideally an additional language.
- Tertiary qualification
- Completed Degree/ 2-year Diploma
- Own transport
- Willing to work shifts
- Written and verbal English language proficiency
- Flexible approach to working in a dynamic and often hectic environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain concentration for prolonged time periods
- Proven team player with a can do attitude.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships within the team, and other departments.
- Ability to handle conflict
- Excellent follow-up work ethic
- Good decision making and judgment
- Systematic, precise, logical, accurate and thorough
- Pro-active, organized and strong personal drive
- Assertive, confident, quick thinking