RESPONSIBILITIES AND WORK OUTPUTS
- Develop and manage the implementation of HC solutions that enable the achievement of business goals and objectives.
- In collaboration with Divisional HC Head develop partnerships with business leaders to determine their HC needs and propose innovative HC solutions that are aligned to the companies practice frameworks.
- Develop, plan and implement HC solutions in collaboration with the Divisional HC Head, across the employee lifecycle that are aimed at empowering the business to achieve its business objectives.
- Provide guidance to business leaders in aligning HC solutions to the business requirements in medium and long term execution plans.
- Provide advice and guidance on HC Operational issues to effectively support the business and mitigate risk.
- Provide guidance to business leaders regarding development and performance practices.
- Collaborate with business leaders to influence and empower leaders to achieve Employment Equity plans and targets.
- Monitor delivery of Employment Equity through recruitment and talent development practices.
- Manage the implementation of employee relations practices and be accountable for the outcome of employee relations matters.
- Support Companies unified culture that is consistent with the vision, purpose and values of the organisation.
- Implement operational plans which support the execution of HC strategies to empower business performance.
- Act as advisor and partner to leaders in the business and HC team on HC related issues.
- Build and maintain effective business partnerships with all key stakeholders by initiating and maintaining regular interactions.
- Manage and control the integrity of HC data and ensure HC governance practices are adhered to.
- Keep abreast of trends, legislation and best practices within the HC industry to optimise service delivery.
- Act as custodian and champion of the companies Way HC practices and solutions by creating awareness of these practices and ensuring alignment and implementation of these practices.
- Support the employee journey from start to exit by providing expert advice, facilitating interventions and executing HC solutions aligned at best practice (this may include talent management, induction and on boarding, performance excellence, industrial relations, employee engagement and exit management).
- Implement HC metrics in area of responsibility to measure the impact and successful implementation of HC solutions.
- Analyse relevant HC metrics to provide leaders with trends and insights.
- Conduct root cause analysis of risks and create action plans to mitigate risks.
- Assess the return on investment on HC solutions and make recommendations to enhance HC solutions and service delivery.
- Assess HC service delivery by maintaining regular interactions with business stakeholders.
- Compile and submit HC scorecards, monthly reports and other related metrics as required.
- Partner with HC across the companies to initiate and improve the effective delivery of HC solutions, while integrating and sharing best practices.
- Provide authoritative, expertise and advice to clients and stakeholders
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and internal and external stakeholders
- Make recommendations to improve client service and fair treatment of clients within area of responsibility
- Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service
- Create a positive work climate and a unified culture to energise employees, give meaning to work, minimise work disruption and maximise employee productivity.
- Demonstrate exemplary leadership behaviour, through personal involvement, commitment and dedication in support of organisational values.
- Drive a culture that guides and directs best practice, fostering an environment of continuous learning, improvement and cohesiveness.
- Execute effective resource planning practices to ensure that staffing requirements are accurately forecasted
- Identify employee growth and development needs and schedule interventions to enable ongoing development, training and personal growth.
- Effectively manage performance within the team in order to ensure business objectives are achieved
- Encourage innovation, change agility and collaboration within the HC operations team
- Support the building of the teams capability in order to ensure that the team is equipped to strategically partner with business.
- Control the budget for area, including the authorisation of expenditures and implementation of financial regulations.
- Manage high risk and problematic financial issues in area of accountability and contribute to the development of policy.
- Identify solutions to enhance cost effectiveness and increase operational efficiency.
- Implement and manage financial risk methodologies, techniques and systems and use to monitor and report on financial activities.
- Implement and provide feedback on the effectiveness of financial policy, practice and procedures preventing illegal, unethical or improper conduct.
- Implement risk management, governance and compliance policies in own practice area, to identify and manage governance and risk exposure liability.
- Investigate reported willful acts of non-compliance to organisation policy and practice and report on findings.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 7 years (Minimum) HC partnering experience within an insurance or financial services environment
- 3 years (Minimum) in a Leadership/Management role
- Relevant Master's Degree and Registered Psychologist
- OD experience and exposure (including diagnosis, facilitation, executive coaching and mentoring skills)
- Extensive experience in Transactional/Operational/Integrational HC
- Experience leading an integrated Human Capital function (i.e. HC operations and OD)
- Solid experience within the Financial Services industry
- Solid practical knowledge of HR and OD processes, diagnostics, and interventions