Purpose of the Role:
To plan, organize and manage staff and overall operations to ensure the stable operation of the organizations IT infrastructure. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, server infrastructure, data communications and telecommunications systems. The IT Infrastructure Manager will also schedule and direct activities to resolve hardware and software problems.
Strategy & Planning
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and project management.
- Participate in the development of IT strategies in collaboration with the executive team.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all infrastructure procurement and development efforts.
- Establish service level agreements with business units.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for infrastructure projects and associated efforts.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers and contractors to secure infrastructure-specific products and services.
- Assist with the planning and deployment of infrastructure security measures.
- Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure systems, including LANs, WANs, Internet, intranet, security, wireless implementations and so on.
- Conduct feasibility studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions.
- Define hardware and software standards in conjunction with owners and stakeholders.
- Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network infrastructure.
- Test server performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining server infrastructure.
- Manage operational costs; conduct near- and long-term financial forecasts for expanded functionality/user base.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organizations executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads and end users regarding pertinent infrastructure activities.
- Practice IT asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation.
- Direct and administrate a contingent of network analysts and technicians, and where necessary, conduct performance reviews and corrective action.
- Implementing best practice with regards to security and access control to all infrastructure.
- Ongoing security analysis and implementation.
- Adapt Agile and Scrum methodology within the team.