A Specialist IT Service Provider seeks a strong self-driven and proactive IT orientated business leader to be its next IT Manager whose core role will be to manage a complex full-service information technology business that serves a set of related companies in the Automotive Manufacturing industry. You will be responsible for ensuring that day-to-day operations run smoothly and the timeous execution of large IT projects while finding the best-fit tools to increase productivity across the Group. The successful candidate will require a Technology/Business Management focused Bachelors Degree with 10-15 years suitable work experience including have run medium to large IT teams, preferably knowledge of ERP systems, Business Management and P&L experience and a deep understanding of hardware, software, coding, data and network complexities.
- Form a comprehensive view of all technology requirements across the Group.
- Develop a consolidated technology roadmap for all companies in the Group.
- Build and implement a vendor selection methodology for outside technology providers.
- Implement a sound project management methodology that ensures delivery.
- Develop and roll out a comprehensive security plan and standards across all companies.
- Grow existing talent in the team and continually drive to add exceptional A-players to the team.
- Research and understand the current group technology landscape.
- With consideration to maintaining operations, seek out, propose, and motivate a set of optimized solutions that will assist teams in performing to their best.
- Make build/buy decisions with proper consideration of all relevant risks and manage the team to follow through on implementation.
- Research vendors to obtain the best possible product fit and build a top-class vendor and project selection methodology.
- Develop and maintain effective vendor relations and be on the cutting edge of new developments in the field.
- Coordinate corrective actions with both internal and external customers as required.
- Manage talent within the team.
- Ensure regulatory compliance on all IT related matters.
- Manage the business in a financially responsible manner to ensure profitability.
- Bachelors Degree required, preferred technology or business management focus.
- You must have managed a team of at least 10-20 people.
- After one year in Cape Town, the role will move to the USA permanently so there needs to be a willingness to immigrate to the USA.
- Experience in either of the following industries: Manufacturing, Automotive, Logistics or Production.
- 10 15 Years relevant experience.
- Proven experience of running medium to large IT teams.
- Deep understanding of hardware, software, coding, data and network complexities.
- Some knowledge of ERP systems is preferred.
- Strong analytical, planning and organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (oral & written).
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities.
- Prior Business Management and P&L experience.
- Coming from an Engineering background would be beneficial.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyses information skilfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to build knowledge and skills continuously; Shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Planning/Organising - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to [email protected] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com. Datafin IT Recruitment - Cape Town Jobs.