iSmart, an entrepreneurial business specialising in telecommunications, based in Cape Town, are looking for an experienced Account Manager to drive performance within their late stage and legal collections processes. The successful candidate has experience in a late stage/legal collections environment and will be responsible for achieving set performance targets on all external soft and legal collections accounts. You will be quick thinking, with an eye for detail, and a proven problem solving approach, creatively offering solutions to enhance and drive productivity. An excellent communicator, you will have to achieve results by managing multi-site, external suppliers, against set daily, weekly and monthly targets.
The role requires someone with strong analytical skills, commercial acumen and a desire to get things done. The environment is fast-paced and dynamic and the appropriate candidate will need to be flexible and adaptable to suit this environment.
Main duties: (list not exhaustive)
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all external collections partners.
- Daily, Weekly and Monthly management of all handed over portfolios, within late stage collections environment.
- Daily management, escalation and control of portfolio irregularities.
- Maintaining and enhancing all external quality standards.
- To effectively co-ordinate and manage external suppliers against budgeted targets.
- Implement appropriate recovery strategies within an external legal debt collection environment.
- Manage relationship with, and performance of, external collections partners in line with SLA's to ensure efficient collection of handed over accounts.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the timeous resolution of customer queries relating to non-performing accounts.
- Analyse and interpret collections data and recommend improvement initiatives in the credit cycle.
- Continuous feedback to senior management regarding the credit granting cycle to assist in the improvement of credit granting decision making.
- Participate in additional or related projects as delegated from time to time.
- Compile reports and analyse reports for effective management of arrear accounts