Do you have a passion for education, english or media studies, with an insatiable appetite for research? At GetSmarter, we believe that access to better education improves lives. Our Learning Design team is crucial to our course design and our student experience.
GetSmarter, premium providers of continuing education, is looking for Learning Designers to be part of our team of over 450 in-house rockstar employees and 180 industry experts who have successfully changed the lives of over 50,000 customers to date.
The main purpose of this position is to collaborate on the curriculum design for an online course, as well as develop, write, edit and revise all course material to ensure that it aligns with sound pedagogy and learning design principles.
The role also requires frequent research and testing to drive innovation in the field of online education.
- Work with subject matter experts and University contacts to design the curriculum for online courses
- Work according to briefs delivered by the Business Unit Director to draft proposals and attend meetings relating to the development of new courses or programmes
- Conceptualise, research, write and develop all course content and activities to ensure that they align with GetSmarters learning design methodology, in collaboration with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Work in collaboration with the Lead Learning Designer and/or Learning Design Specialist to conduct training with external stakeholders on GetSmarters approach to learning design
- Manage deliverable timelines with the Subject Matter Expert and the University contact to ensure alignment with internal project timelines
- Review and edit all course content written by external stakeholders to ensure alignment with GetSmarters approach to learning design
- Provide support on ad hoc proofing and editing tasks as needed
- Review existing course content as needed to ensure that it remains up to date and in line with the institutions high academic standards
- Test new approaches to learning design and contribute to general innovation within the department
- Collaborate with team members to refine processes and contribute to team and individual development
We would welcome Learning Designers who wish to work remotely from anywhere in South Africa!