Leading service provider is looking for a highly skilled Linux System Administrator to join their fast-growing SaaS business. If you are a super cool and passionate Linux Admin then this is just the role for YOU! You will assist and lead teams, involved with new and ongoing projects focusing on the maintenance and design of our security policies, networks, firewalls, applications and server deployments in both dedicated and virtualised environments.
- Tertiary qualification
- 5 years of experience in managing complex Linux based IT environments
- Install, configure and maintain CentOS 5/6/7 and RHEL 5/6/7
- Solid understanding of general Linux server administration
- Solid understanding of VMware
- Understanding of other virtualization technologies (KVM)
- DNS (Bind)
- Basic understanding of CISCO networks
- Understanding of Storage Area Network (SAN) technologies
- Must be able to troubleshoot performance issues using tools like iostat, sar and vmstat
- Solid understanding on TCP/IP networking in Linux environments
- Knowledge of IPTables
- Solid Scripting Experience (Perl, BASH)
- Understanding of source code control (Git, SVN)
- Open source NMS (Nagios)
- Puppet knowledge
- Deploying and configuring new dedicated and virtualized servers, with a focus on automation and security best practices.
- Maintaining server availability to ensure uptime
- Design, management and troubleshooting of live and staging environments for cloud software.
- Liaising with 3rd Party software vendors in troubleshooting and ongoing maintenance of cloud software.
- The deployment and testing of application fixes and changes.
- Participation in continual service and security improvements to our infrastructure.
- Providing escalation support to support desk and providing after-hours standby support as required.
This is a permanent opportunity based in Johannesburg North, offering a salary from R550K per annum, negotiable dependant of skills and experience. The reference for this role is ND376832017. Please send your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
e-Merge IT recruitment are specialist niche recruiters with a wide range of positions available. We offer researched positions with top companies to strong technical skilled candidates.
Email Nicole on email@example.com Alternatively call her on XXX-XXXX to discuss this and other opportunities.
Please feel free to check out our website on www e dash merge dot co dot za for similar positions that might be of interest to you!! Do you have a friend who is a technology specialist? We pay BIG CASH to you if we place a friend that you sent us!
If you havent heard from e-Merge IT within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position