Linux Server Administrator required for a Leading Software Service provider, providing a wide range of support services and products including Linux and Microsoft. Dynamic work environment with broad technology exposure and outsourced IT services for 350+ companies around Southern Africa. Looking for senior position in office bound service desk environment handling both special projects and escalated queries.
- Matric Certificate
- RHCE Certified is essential for this role
- MCITP Certified would be an advantage
- 4 years + Linux Server administration experience
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Server knowledge
- Strong Windows Server troubleshooting skills
- Strong understanding of networking
- Strong understanding of general network security, including firewalls, server / sharing permissions
- General understanding of different internet / networking connections (ADSL, 3G, WiMAX, WiFi, VPN, etc.)
Required experience include:
- General Redhat / CentOS administration
- Firewalls (iptables)
- DNS administration (bind)
- Mail server administration (sendmail, dovecot, spam assassin, clamav)
- Webhosting (apache)
- Samba, Squid, Linux Virtualisation (kvm / xen), Database administration (MySQL) and Hardware
- Windows Server 2000 2008 R2 administration
- DNS administration (AD DNS)
- Mail server administration (Exchange 2003 2010)
- Webhosting (IIS 6 / 7)
- Strong Windows security understanding (File sharing / access)
- Database administration (MS SQL)
- All round strong IT knowledge
This is a PERMANENT opportunity based in Johannesburg North, at R430K per annum. Send your CV to avoid disappointment and we will be in touch to kick off on your next opportunity.
The reference number for this position is NDXXX-XXXX. e-Merge IT recruitment are specialist niche recruiters with a wide range of positions available. We offer researched positions with top companies to strong technical skilled candidates.
Email Nicole on nicoled at e dash merge dot co dot za. Alternatively call her on 0 1 1 4 6 3 3 6 3 3 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Please feel free to check out our website on www.e-merge.co.za for similar positions that might be of interest to you!! Do you have a friend who is a technology specialist? We pay BIG CASH to you if we place a friend that you sent us!
If you havent heard from e-Merge IT within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position