My CLIENT in the Western Cape has a vacancy for a Maintenance Manager.
Reporting to the Regional Manager in Western Cape, this position is required to provide technical management & maintenance support services to all Operation & Maintenance contracts and projects under the management in the Western Cape, including but not limited to Water & Wastewater Treatment Works, Pump Stations, Dewatering facilities, pipelines, control systems, etc. The incumbent will also be responsible for the implementation and execution of new electro-mechanical and civil projects and new technology.
CRITICAL PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
- Ensure the implementation, application of and adherence to a computerised Maintenance Management and Information system (MIS).
- Ensure all assets are clearly marked and controlled with an Asset Register.
- Manage & attend to & minimize break-downs and prioritize jobs promptly.
- Plan & manage routine & preventative maintenance & repairs of the electro-mechanical equipment in a professional and cost effective manner, timeously.
- Apply sound human resource principles, administration and control procedures in order to meet performance objectives.
- Ensure safety and housekeeping meets the standards as set out in terms of the Occupational Health and Safety Act at high level and comply with all applicable ISO system requirements and ensure continual improvement of these systems.
- Ensure that specified, approved and contractual required stock levels are kept & controlled at all times.
- Monitor and supply detailed monthly reporting on electro-mechanical plant condition, all work done, all work outstanding and all relevant contractual / project aspects & requirements.
- Attend tender site visits & inspections to do pricing, tendering, project management and implementation on maintenance / refurbishments / upgrade projects and new electrical, mechanical and civil installations.