BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - INDUSTRIAL
MY CLIENT IS A MULTI NATIONAL PROCESS EQUIPMENT ENGINEERING MANUFACTURING WITH A FOOTPRINT IN SOUTH AFRICA
THIS POSITION WILL FOCUS ON THE FOOD AND INDUSTRIAL SECTOR introducing high quality vibrating screens in their manufacturing process.
YOUR CAPITAL EQUIPMENT SALES EXPERIENCE IN CAPITAL EQUIPMENT SALES IN THE FOOD INDUSTRY IS A MINIMUM REQUIREMENT
ARE YOU A QUALIFIED ENGINEER OR EQUIVALENT WITH A SUCCESSFUL SALES TRACK RECORD IN THE FOOD PROCESSING INDUSTRY?
THE POSITION INVOLVE LOCAL TRAVEL AND LATER PERHAPS AFRICA TRAVEL.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To grow business sustainably and profitably in the Industrial Product Range.
- The key target market for this product range is Industrial Clients, but the incumbent will also provide product support in the mining market segment.
- This will be done initially through direct customer engagement, but increased revenue will result in the development of a sales team to support this initiative. To grow sales through opportunities in the market and continuously seeks ways to improve profitability of existing accounts. The incumbent will also be responsible for all administration functions inherent with the position.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of COMPANY products and services applicable to Industrial Markets and the value it can add to the Company.
- Responsible to develop new business for the Company with profitable objectives in mind.
- Apply company values and mission in business.
- Responsible to achieve a sales budget by visiting customers and make profitable sales.
- Responsible for achieving good levels of customer satisfaction
- Promote the Company and its equipment and service offering with present and potential customers.
- Manage and monitor sales against growth targets.
- Implement and monitor standards and quality of quotations, tenders and proposals.
- Pricing of quotes, tenders and proposals ensuring business' profitability targets are met.
- Resolve payment queries and ensure timeous collection of cash
- Setting and controlling of sales budgets.
- Revenue forecasting.
- Submit monthly reports
- Strategic management of customer relations to ensure key customers are retained.
- Enhance client relationships. Maintain relationships with senior client personnel that do or will deliver revenue and profit in the region.
- Assess key client requirements on a regular basis and continuously monitor service levels.
- Identify key customers for new business development.
- Formulate sales and technical strategies to meet and improve on customer requirements for screening solutions.
- Engage in customer complaint resolution. Co-ordinate with relevant COMPANY personnel where appropriate (e.g. Operations, SCE, finance) to ensure queries are resolved on time and meeting customer expectations.
- Ensure that customers are provided with immediate on-site problem solving and solutions
- Find opportunities for product enhancement or new product development which will meet customer needs and maintain COMPANY's level of product and service competitive.
- Measuring key performance areas
- Project Management all contracts and projects to ensure all Key Performance requirements with the customer are met.
- Provide a monthly written report to his / her superior
- Hold monthly meetings with Management to review new business pipeline and make recommendation for development
- Monitor and track performance levels.
- Communicate & liaise effectively at all levels within the organisation
- Liaise with personal within COMPANY that can provide technical and business development expertise
- Liaise with operational personnel on service quality
- Liaise with finance and debtors on invoice billing quality and debtor's days.
- Liaise with drawing office technical queries and solutions.
- Network with people at all levels.
- Liaise, plan and co-ordinate sales activities with operations.
- Establishing and managing service levels with key internal and external
- Gather market and competitor information to assist in establishing market trends and developments.
- Utilize market trend and development information to effectively position
- COMPANY industrial products and solutions.
- Capitalize on opportunities
- Support in the creation of the required marketing material necessary to promote COMPANY to its customer base and develop market awareness.
- Establish goals and objectives for self and team and implement accordingly to help support/improve job performance.
- Responsible to determine employee requirements in co-ordination with the departmental managers to ensure maximum output and productivity.
- Ensure that appropriate systems and processes are in place to measure and manage staff performance and to coach and develop a high performance workforce.
- Address any staff discipline or grievance issue, maintaining appropriate records in accordance with company procedures.
- Responsible that recruitment and employment in the department are carried out in accordance to company procedure and in compliance with current employment law.
- Health & safetyThe incumbent must adhere to the required legal liabilites required and associated with the role in terms of both the Occupational Health and Safety Act, as well as the Mine Health and Safety Act, where applicable.
- In addition, the encumbent will ensure that all reporting staff assign themselves to the required Health and Safety roles as required by their job function and adhere to all Health and Safety legislation, as well as the COMPANY Health and Safety Policy and the Health and Safety Policies of the customers on whose sites they work.
- It should be noted that this Job Description serves as a guide only and the role of the incumbent's role may evolve or change in order to meet the business needs of COMPANY.
- High level of traveling involved and availability to travel must be flexible.
- Irregular working hours.