Epping, Cape Town
Salary: R45 000 CTC
Merchandise Planner, Buying Planner, Demand Planner
An exciting opportunity for a Merchandise Planner is available for an experienced Planner to work with well-known international fashion brands and assist the business in expanding both channels and improving profitability.
The role will encompass both store and assortment planning for the retail channel, as well as working with the Brand / Sales managers to support the wholesale business with Demand Planning.
There is a strong focus on improving key performance metrics over time, where the successful candidate will play a pivotal role in ensuring that these objectives are met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of seasonal sales and stock plans, encompassing unit projections, price inflation targeting, and product mix optimization.
- Assisting with the compilation of annual sales budgets, with on-going reforecasts at a store, category and product level to ensure achievability and to rebalance OTB commitments.
- Management of the forward order pipeline with international vendors by ensuring OTB commitments are aligned to the budgeted sales plans.
- Managing the critical path of each brand respectively, to optimise the relevant timelines and ensure key interventions are conducted on time.
- Continual assessment of performance and implementation of stock management techniques to keep the business aligned to key indicators.
- Assisting the Brand manager and Planning Manager with the setting and maintenance of prices and margins across the range.
- Compilation of regular management and operational reporting to bring visibility to business operations.
- Working closely with the buying teams to formulate commercially practical ranges whilst providing and presenting data that supports informed decision making.
- Working with allocations team to replenish stock to stores to eliminate lost sales opportunities.
Education, Skills and Requirements:
- Matric essential
- Relevant business related tertiary qualification
- Essential 3+ years merchandise planning experience in a retail environment
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Negotiation skills
- Communication skills
- Commercial thinking
- Presentation skills
- Knowledge of IT systems and data analytics
- Client account management
- Knowledge of market trends and the retail landscape
- Self-starter and ability to manage own tasks and responsibilities
If you have not received any feedback within 2 weeks, please assume that your application was not successful for this particular role.