A Personable, Savvy, Analytical Administrator who is looking for that next challenging career move? You may be just the person we are looking for!
We are Savvy Marketing. A small, results driven, Cape Town based boutique digital marketing agency, delivering bold creative strategies and personal memorable communication, that really get results for a broad range of long-term clients.
We are looking for a bright, career driven Administrative Extraordinaire, having likely only recently started in their career, but has managed to excel quickly and is now keen on stretching themselves to that next step up. A professional Administrator, with solid experience (ideally 2 years) in handling financial operational requirements, as well as experience in performing critical day to day office administration tasks you will assist our awesome team, through the effective management of our daily administrative needs.
In this Office Manager position, you will ensure the team time management and project management programmes are accurately used by team members weekly and feed this data into the financial reporting monthly. You will be required to effectively carry out a range of bookkeeping responsibilities and complete various admin tasks from managing the online filing system to taking meeting minutes. A fast learner can be trained in digital marketing tasks as workload allows.
You will need to be a numbers person, an analytical thinker, with the desire to get your mind into the workings of the business, a whiz with spreadsheets, and a keen interest in expanding your financial capabilities. Definitely not a pen-pusher, youll have a creative, problem solving mind, and a desire to make a difference to your environment. (potentially a recent graduate holding a qualification in Bookkeeping or similar Financial qualification).
The ideal person for this position is a senior administrator, with financial admin experience, who is now looking to move into a Junior Office Manager position. You will need to balance accuracy and the ability to challenge the status quo, looking for ways of improving the office processes. We want someone who is bright, talented, proactive, highly organised, personable, eager to learn and fun!
Were small, but were going to fly and we want someone to fly with us!
This is a full time, Permanent position based in Claremont, Cape Town.
Market related salary on offer.
Key Responsibilities of your role:
- Tracking team project management software, analyzing for efficiency and invoicing
- Tracking team time management software, analyzing for efficiency and invoicing
- Managing budgets, management reporting monthly
- Customer invoicing
- Processing supplier invoices and preparing payment approvals
- Managing internal online filing systems
- Assistance with debtors follow-ups
- Preparing annual returns to trial balance for external accountant
- Tracking team hardware and software requirements and liaising with IT agency
- Basic website content updates with training
- Taking minutes at staff meetings
- Ordering stationery, groceries, office supplies.
- Any other financial administrative or support assistance on request
Qualifications / Education:
- Matric Certificate
- Bookkeeping or financial qualification - certificate, diploma or degree advantageous
Experience and Specialist knowledge / skills you should hold:
- At least 2 years relevant Office Admin experience
- At least 1 years relevant Financial Admin experience (unless relevant qualification)
- Strong Microsoft excel capabilities
- Sound business and financial acumen
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and financial capability
- Excellent written and spoken English
- IT savvy with the ability to easily pick up financial / business software applications
- Proven ability to multitask and work under pressure
Competencies / Personality requirements that describe you:
- Fast, analytical thinker
- Proactive and solutions focused, uses initiative
- Personable with a friendly approach
- Organised on behalf of self and others
- Driven by learning and personal career growth
- A passion for digital marketing and online knowledge (Advantageous)
- Team orientated
If you feel you meet the above requirements, please send through your application in confidence, which includes a copy of your updated CV and a detailed letter of motivation by 30th May 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response within 3 weeks of submitting your application, please consider your application as unsuccessful.