The primary function of this role is run the online store, through the complete value chain, taking full responsibility for the revenue generated by the store. This is a highly trade-focused role, liaising with all aspects of the business, in order for the online store to meet KPIs and revenue and GP targets.
By deploying the full suite of ecommerce disciplines and digital trading tools, as well as providing insightful analytics based on available data, the incumbent will coordinate all traffic and sales driver campaigns, and interface with the overarching brand marketing and planning strategies. They must also be able to stay in control of the operational elements of the store, including logistics, customer care, technology, stock and legal
- Managing and driving activity on the online retail store or stores in such a way that revenue meets/exceeds targets set;
- Managing the online merchant team responsible for uploading all content, product and promotions to the online store;
- Developing and continuously optimising the ecommerce marketing plan and leverage all channels, to drive new customers, drive new revenue and emphasise up-selling opportunities online;
- Ensuring all online marketing initiatives are trackable and ladder up to overall KPIs and revenue targets;
- Ensuring all online offers and campaigns are executed within allocated budget and deadline, complying with the Group direction where required;
- Analysing and reporting on all online performance, campaigns and promotions;
- Being data obsessed by leveraging all data sources available to use as a basis for all decisions and plans.
- Using analytics to produce integrated strategy to this end ensuring a new customer rate to the sites
- Developing strong online content that specifically drives sales, via good product descriptions, video, editorial and supplier-sourced materials;
- Negotiating affiliate marketing strategies and opportunities where appropriate and coordinate with Group to ensure cohesion and opportunities for cross leverage;
- Stay current with ecommerce and online consumer and digital trends and look for opportunities to use;
- Stakeholder management and on-going communication with Merchandise, Operations and the central ecommerce contact centre, logistics and supports teams [including digital suppliers and external consultants];
- Managing and allocating online budget for all expenses in fiscal year, including invoicing and administration.