Position - Payroll and Accounting Administrator
Level - Junior to Mid-Level
Experience - +/-5 years experience
Qualification - Diploma, Certificate, qualification in payroll /accounting
Salary - R15k R20k pm ctc, depending experience
EE position - Employment Equity (preferable)
Company - Technology
Sectors - Technology, Finance, Non-Profit
Location - Cape Town, Western Cape
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Payroll Administrator and/or Accountant to join a leader in the technology sector.
The company is looking for candidate with relevant experience who is deadline driven, able to cope well with volume, knowledge of relevant legislation, and willing to take on duties outside of their role. SAGE Evolution, Sage VIP and ESS system knowledge will be advantageous.
The company is Africas oldest tech incubator. Working with government, business and society, they promote the inclusive growth of the digital economy.
Established in 1999 the company has played an integral role in catalysing and supporting the Cape Town tech ecosystem, now recognized as the most productive on the African continent.
Recently both the Entrepreneur Development and Skills Development programmes have expanded to support entrepreneurs and youth across the country, and on a Pan-African scale.
Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Monthly payroll
- Processing of all stipend payment for all projects
- Capturing and providing reports for all leave -ESS Experience
- Monthly report of staff anniversaries
- Preparing monthly EMP201
- EMP501 report submission
- Statutory reporting- SARS ETI UIF SDL, Workmans compensation reporting
- Processing of intercompany invoices for salaries
- Processing of salary cost per project
- Issuing of employment contracts
- Ensuring all staff files are up to date and kept confidential at all times
- Ensuring compliance with Labour legislation minimum wage etc.
- Ensuring compliance with EE
- Issuing of payslips
- All payroll reconciliations to be completed out of SAGE
- Monthly reconciliations of the leave balances
- Monthly journal prepared for the leave pay provision
- Monthly Employment equity, Skills Development, Management and Control schedules prepared for BEE
- Maintenance of General Ledger
- Processing of salary cashbook and reconciliation
- Processing of Cashbook
- Managing all monthly billing reports, reconciliations,
- Monthly Statements to debtors
- Weekly Credit Control Review of all debtors
- Preparation work for annual & quarterly audit
- Ad hoc administrative support
- Accounts payable reconciliations
- Preparation of accounting files for audit
- Preparation of the finance teams monthly calendar/deadlines
- Organising monthly team meetings as per the calendar
- Ensuring that the team meets deadlines
- Completion of the notice boards for the team
- In charge of interns completing admin duties in the department from time-to-time
- Diploma, Certificate, qualification in payroll /accounting
- Experience based and relevant course work
Minimum & Basic Experience Needed
- Minimum 2 to 5 years related experience
- Sage Evolution, Sage VIP, Sage Payroll, ESS
- Excel - advanced
- Excellent attention to detail, strong analytical skills and ability to multi-task
- Advanced computer literacy
- R15k R20k pm ctc, depending experience.