Process and Product Metallurgist, End Stock
General Safety System Responsibilities:
- Wear required PPE and follow safe work practices at all times.
- Report, Investigate and monitor near misses / incidents in area of control, conduct and participate in all activities relating removal of hazards in your work area.
- Assist with identification of hazards arising from activities in work area, ensuring that all are communicated to relevant personnel in order to maintain a hazard free work area.
- Actively participate in implementation of the client Safety Policy by example and communication to subordinates.
- Provide an open means by which subordinates / sub-contractors can communicate safety concerns, when possible action the items and when not ensure these are passed to personnel / sections for further actions.
- Identifying and evaluating potential / existing safety problems, suggesting solutions and recommending suitable corrective measures.
General Health Responsibilities:
- Report all incidents that may cause Health related harm to the relevant personnel, regardless of severity.
- Follow all Governmental and Company rules and management directives, regulations and policies that relate to Health.
- Follow relevant company procedures and instructions related to Health within the scope of the work area, and actively participate in their implementation in the section.
General Environment System Responsibilities:
- Report all process or other incidents that may cause Environmental harm to the relevant personnel, regardless of severity.
- Follow all Governmental and Company rules and management directives, regulations and policies that relate to Environmental control and the meeting of division missions and objectives.
- Follow the procedures and instructions related to EHS Management Systems within the scope of the work area.
- Assist with the identification and evaluation of existing and potential Significant & Environmental Aspects within the workplace.
- Ensure that any roles and responsibilities identified in the EHS Management Systems responsibility matrix are fully understood.
Quality and Technology
- Follow all Governmental and Company rules and management directives, regulations and policies that relate to health, safety and the meeting of departmental missions and objectives.
- Ensuring the requirements of the Companys Quality System is complied with.
- Assist with the continual improvement of the Quality System by implementing and participating in process improvement initiatives in relative areas.
- Identifying and evaluating quality problems, suggesting solutions and recommending suitable corrective measures.
Leadership & Resource Development
- Observes and abides by company policies and practices. Sets the example for colleagues.
- Communicates and listens effectively.
- Maintains personal proficiency in metallurgical investigation and analysis for Aluminium products.
- Maintains a professional and effective working relationships with all levels in the department.
- Ensure compliance of the client QMS & EHS Management System.
- Follow MRC Quality Procedures & Safe Working Instruction (SWIs).
- Identify the Aluminium sample received (Sheet/Cans) for metallography as per the requisition form.
- Structured problem solving of issues arising out of equipment start-up, during production ramp up and customer qualifications
- Monitor and continuously improve a steady state process path that delivers the highest quality End stock sheet and other products to a variety of established international customers.
- Ensure Customer qualifications.
- Maintain and improve the ISO 9001 quality management system and implement laboratory standard as per ISO/IEC 17025.
- Selection of proper sampling position for Metallography analysis.
- Perform Metallurgical investigation and analysis to identify the origin of the defect and reasons for causing failure.
- Perform failure analysis to identify the origin of the defect and reasons for failure of Rolls and machines parts/components
- Conduct Metallography e.g. inclusion evaluation, Microstructure, grain size, hardness and micro hardness etc.
- Recommend and advice for product and process improvement based on Metallurgical investigation & findings.
- Participate in trial and development work as a member of development projects.
- Co-ordinate with lines metallurgy engineers for trial and other activities for product development and customer complaint.
- Co-ordinate with lab technicians for performing test needs.
- Perform Metallurgical analysis of failed in coating, mechanical test.
- Investigation and analysis for Customer complaint.
- Attending/visiting the customers in case of any product related complaints or issues.
- Perform any other jobs assigned by SI
- Adopt Lean and Six Sigma problem solving methodology for process waste elimination, process stability and process optimization.
Copyright: Portal Publishing cc