The South African Institute of International Affairs (SAIIA) is an independent, non-governmental policy research institution, focusing on South Africa and Africa’s international relations. Its goal is to contribute to the achievement of a well-governed, peaceful, economically sustainable and globally engaged Africa. It has been consistently ranked as the top think tank in Southern Africa.
SAIIA seeks to make the following appointment at its head office in Johannesburg:
Programme Manager: Youth Development (PMYP17)
SAIIA is looking to appoint a dynamic person who is committed to Youth Development to manage and coordinate Youth@SAIIA’s programmes. The successful applicant must have experience in organising youth programmes and conferences on a national level, including local and large-scale conferences and national Model United Nations debates. Key functions include strategic planning, fundraising and donor reporting. This position requires the management of staff and volunteers throughout the country.
- Coordinate the national high school climate change and sustainable development research programme
- Coordinate the year-round national Model United Nations programme
- Organise the annual national leadership conference
- Coordinate the Youth Policy Committee’s participation in relevant policy processes, special events and academic forums
- Oversee the financial administration of Youth@SAIIA through the timely processing and acknowledgement of incoming and outgoing funds
- Seek out fundraising opportunities aligned with the strategic objectives of the programme
- Develop fundraising proposals that are well thought through and integrate feedback from all relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Build up a network (and database) of appropriate contacts in education (secondary and tertiary), government, the diplomatic community, the United Nations, the private sector and civil society
- Keeps all role players informed of initiatives, activities, work plans (external and internal)
- Ensure that the Youth@SAIIA website and social media accounts are managed
- Management of staff and volunteers throughout the country