BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF JOB FUNCTION:
To manage various sized projects ensuring that the clients requirements are met and that the projects are executed successfully within time and budget and to the desired quality.
- Liaise on a regular basis with the Project Sponsor and Projects Director.
- Responsible for effective communication between the contractor, the client and between project team members.
- Gather information, write & distibute progress reports on time.
- Chair project team meetings for the distribution of information to the team.
- Ensure all commercial and contractual requirements are met between company and the client.
- Ensure all commercial and contractual requirements are met between company and the contractors/sub-contractors.
- Ensure that systems for documentation managemet are established, maintained and adhered to.
- Regularly audit project systems and tools for implementation and effectiveness.
General Project Cost Management and Budget Control:
- Ensure cost conrol on all project levels.
- Compile contol budget estimates and ensure accurate cost reporting and management.
- Actively investigate cost saving opportunitites for company.
Scope Change Control System Management:
- Control of scope changes.
- Change management with the interaction of project personnel/contractor.
Planning and Programming of the Project:
- Manage all engineering/project deliverables and update project programmes.
- Continuously monitor all schedules as well as re-planning to achieve new targets.
Construction and Handover Management:
- Liaise and co-ordinate between the site contractor's management teams, the engineers and the client's representative across all disciplines.
- Ensure project handovr as per policies and procedures.
- Manage and audit safety procedures, initiatives and enforce legal requirements.
Project Risk Control:
- Lead and coordinate the risk management process.
- Approve identified corrective actions and manage.
- Obtain executive management approval for contingency applications.
- Ensure formal record of lessons learnt.
- Manage the risk event record system.
- Update the risk management plan.
- Manage risk close-out data.
- Manage all project quality assurance systems.