About the Client:
Our client develops and supports software and data solutions across a variety of industries.
They want you to get ahead of the market and stay there. They offer a combination of plug and play products that can be integrated with existing systems and processes and can also be customised to client needs.
Their capabilities extend to big data engineering and bespoke software development, solutions are available as both cloud-based and hosted.
- Undertaking all system test related activities in support of the business requirements for the provision of new and updated systems.
- Functional and integration testing, and liaison with third-party suppliers to ensure appropriate test coverage.
- Quality Assurance checks during third-party supplier and internal developments to ensure that only fit-for-purpose code is delivered into test environments owned by the test team.
- Eliminating defects before the software is deployed to the Clients Environment.
- Marry the Technical Requirements and Business Requirements.
- Understanding system requirements and create Test Cases:
- Fully understand the application before any Testing Activities can start. Be Involved at the start of any Project effort. Fully understand the specific feature under test.
- Product Testing vs Business Requirements Validation.
- Ensuring that test scenarios and scripts (Both Manual and Automation) are prepared in a structured way, prioritised to reflect business or technical priorities and are approved by appropriate stakeholders. Scope is to cover test cycle contents and regression packs.
- Creating Automated test scripts.
- Monitoring Automation and Manual test execution and review results.
- Identifying, logging and tracking Defects. Monitoring current sprint queues.
- Regression Testing:
- Executing Regression tests to ensure that defect fixes have not broken existing functionality.
- Replicating any issues picked up on the Production Environment on the QA environment.
- User Training where required.
- Co-ordinating re-testing of defects and issues either through at desk re-tests by business test representatives, or via walkthroughs with third-party providers.
- Preparing and maintaining relevant test documentation, including test scripts, narrative and written reports, and visual progress charts.
- Liaising with and assisting each line of business regarding the test planning, testing activity, and test results analysis.
- Taking responsibility for: time management; reporting and monitoring; risk management; issue management; quality assurance and change management.
- Signing off builds before they are deployed to DB.
- Usability Testing:
- Suggesting User Experience (UX) and User Interface Improvements.
- Supporting other test team members and associated IT and Business resources as appropriate to the implementation of testing related activities.
- QA Effort Estimation. Carrying out other tasks as agreed with the QA Team Leader.