Position - Senior Manager Accounting
Level - Senior to Executive Level
Experience - 4+ years post articles
Qualification - CA(SA), AGA(SA), PA(SA), CIMA
Salary - R40k to R60k pm ctc, depending on experience
Company - Assurance, Accounting, Taxation and Financial Services
Sectors - Accounting, Financial Services, Taxation
Location - Bellville, Western Cape
An excellent opportunity exists for a Senior Manager (Accounting) at a well-established and notable firm of committed chartered accountants and registered auditors. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate with a long-term view and with ambition for directorship and who has a current client base to contribute.
The ideal candidate will have a professional qualification, completed articles, 4 years of management experience and the desire to join a reputable firm. The firm is looking for an ambitious, hard-working go getter to join and lead the accounting business. If you are highly driven by achievement, enjoy a challenging portfolio, and see yourself as resilient - this is the job for you.
The firm operates within a large variety of industries, ranging from auditing, independent reviews, financial management and accounting, tax administration and planning, business and transactional consulting, secretarial services, wills, estate planning and administration.
The firm is on the lookout for an individual that set high standards w.r.t. to the quality of work, are technically competent and have great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Examine, analyse and interpret accounting records to prepare financial statements (IFRS and IFRS for SME's)
- Review and sign off of independent reviews, compilation files and monthly accounting/tax files
- Responsible to ensure quality and risk management in the review process
- Management of approximately 10 clerks
- Training of the trainees and managing related external training
- Being the first point of contact for staff queries
- Leading the accounting team
- Dealing directly with clients and selling additional work
- Identify and approach potential clients
- Overall supervision of the staff and projects
- Responsible for staff evaluation, feedback and disciplinary process
- Managing the budget and planning of the practise
- Working with other senior manager and other peers for strategy development, execution, planning and process improvement
- Report writing
- Issuing and reviewing of all related billings done
- Any other accounting, drafting, reconciling and reviewing work as required
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Ensuring that you meet the minimum billings hours as per the firm standards
- Management of client portfolio
Requirements and characteristics to be shown:
- CA(SA) preferably.
- Minimum 4 years direct management / supervision experience in a small / medium sized firm
- Completed SAICA articles
- Registered with a professional body (SAICA)
- Able to perform all the duties as noted above
- Must demonstrate personal and time management skills in order to ensure deadlines are met
- A meticulous and detailed person for the initial review on files to be performed
- Must be good at leading a team and people from different backgrounds
- High Technical ability (IFRS, Companies Act, Personal Income Tax, Provisional Tax)
- Travelling to clients, local and national will be required
- Overtime will be required from time to time to meet client deadlines
- MS Excel and MS Word literacy required at advanced level
- Sage, Pastel, and Zero experience will be beneficial.
- Long-term goal is to stay in Small/Medium size practice
Salary R40k to R60k pm per month, depending on experience.