- Overseeing project management, engineering, supply chain, construction, commissioning, HSSE, project controls and quality management activities on office-based Mining & Minerals projects
- Developing and implementing strategies to expand the business.
- Actively managing the organizational structure, along with the professional development and performance of individuals in the functional and operations management team
- Developing and managing budgets and reimbursability targets
- Actively participating in business development with local clients and managing selected client relationships
- Chairing internal review meetings and monthly project review meetings
- Recruiting, interviewing and selecting key staff and ensuring project staffing requirements are met
- Monitoring safety, health and environment issues and performance implementing corrective actions where required
- Ensuring procedures are followed with respect to standards and peer reviews
- Reviewing and authorizing all proposals and contracts
- Participating in bid/no-bid decisions
- Acting as Project Sponsor on key projects
- Managing selected studies and projects as required
- Management consulting experience and/or sourcing/procurement experience at large multinational firms
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills;
- Strong background in working on enterprise-wide projects for large complex organizations, preferably in Mining, Construction and Manufacturing industry globally
- Demonstrated ability to function in a team environment and highly matrixed environment;
- Evidence of successful management of large programs and projects;
- Outsourcing governance & strategy from leading industry associations e.g. IAOP, HFS, etc;
- Master knowledge of contract terms and conditions (T&C), specifically technology provisions;
- Strong Fieldglass skills, including report writing, set-up, and system administration;
- Experience in process transformation cost reduction and global delivery model strategy highly desirable;
- Outsourcing experience at large multinational firms will be an added advantage;
- Experience working with global and cross-functional teams;
- Strong executive presence to work with senior leaders;
- Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills in a team environment;
- Previous purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Develop project plans that identify resource and budgetary needs
- Host project meetings at least once a week with team and managers
- Provide feedback, advice, project updates and encouragement to team members
- Manage deadlines and push the team to ensure timeliness
- Coordinate with vendors and suppliers as needed
- Ensure that the engineering and design of the project are in compliance with the project technical and functional specifications. Supervising, management and coordinating construction interface in accordance with a detailed schedule. this position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the business units operations and ensuring financial performance by delivering on budgets and managing cash flow. This position plays a key role in business development by engaging with key clients, maintaining client relationships and identifying new opportunities for winning and delivering work.
If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Skills / Qualifications
Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Engineering or a related discipline, with a professional designation.
- Procurement degree and CIPS membership
- More than 20+ years of proven management experience, of increasing responsibility, with an EPC/EPCM company.
- Experience in an operations management role (including developing and managing the business unit's budget, P&L), and in managing large mining projects and studies will be strongly considered in the selection process.
- Ability to coach and mentor staff and support employee development.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communications skills are required.