Senior Front End Developer
Angular OR React - Senior Front End Developer Sandton R800k/R900k maybe R1m
Youd be joining a large site. The brand is known as a corporate Bank but the teams youd join are all tech heavy solutionists working on large frameworks not simple change requests.
You would be acting as a Tech Lead level (technical thought leadership NOT person management) specialist within a high transactional (think ecommerce on steroids) environment that operates in South Africa & across Africa (no travel involved).
You will be the person making calls on how, what, when; as part of a broader, high impact & collaborative team.
This role calls for someone who thoroughly enjoys the front end / user interface layer work. At this level though, you will see yourself working on these projects as well as contributing to everything from Big Data, Mobile, Transactional and HFT. The senior developers within the business all tend to draw from each other rather than sitting isolated to their little domains.
To get this done successfully youll need a couple of attributes:
- Youve probably been building Front Ends for a decade or more.
- Youre mentality is that you enjoy the UI layers & this is your primary focus in life
- Youre very conscious of the layering from the User through the Tech into the Api layers (although you do NOT need backend skills for this).
- Line has mentioned that they are very happy to talk to people who ONLY care about the UI.
To get the high rates quoted, you will need to have exceeded the norm technically. They would like you to know:
- Angular youve moved platforms from older Angular versions in the new Angular stacks
- Typescript youve been doing this long enough to have done a little Typescript while paying your school fees
- SASS at this level, you dont boilerplate SASS anymore. You can, but you enjoy the finer points
- Redux not essential but its an area where younger UI developers battle in their business
This level will demand solutionist thinking from you; you will not just be responding to change requests.
Permanent Neg rates its easiest to pop me a mail on firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to chat. Please feel free to pre vet my CV at https://www.linkedin.com/in/jason-pretoriusthedotnetguy/ otherwise call in, I spend my life on the phone but if you speak to Nicole Burn, she will schedule a time for us to chat.
Reference Number for this position is JP42055 which is a permanent/contract position based in Johannesburg North offering a salary negotiable on experience.
Do you have a friend who is a technology specialist? We pay BIG CASH to you if we place a friend that you sent us!
If you havent heard from e-Merge IT within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position