IMPORTANT: Visit Crayon and sign up as a candidate to apply for this role
A luxury safari and accommodation lodge based in Zimbabwe which believes in enriching the lives of those who live around the lodge as well as the lodges guests. Determined to ensure that its the local people and wildlife that directly benefit from the lodges visitors.
Energetic and intuitive marketing manager with exceptional communication skills. Proven ability to identify opportunities and deliver effective strategies to generate results. Experienced in strategic marketing and sales.
This person will establish effective working relationships with tour operators globally to ensure that they are educated on Zimbabwe and the company portfolio and to identify and convert sales opportunities to drive up occupancy and revenue.
Based between Mauritius, SA and Zimbabwe, you'll be overseeing the growth of the lodge business via establishing relationships with various global tour operators. Previous sales experience in the tourism is a plus and must be flexible as 50% of the year will be spent outside SA.
- Sales analysis and forecasts
- Pull monthly Resrequest forward bookings and Pomorol sales analysis and track against target. Report on any variances and work independently and with reps/marketing and sales team to close gaps in the financial year.
- Work with finance team on forward 5-year forecasts required. One-pager to be created and shared with the res team monthly (showing bed nights and revenue vs. target for that month).
- Work with the Marketing director on setting rates for the next financial year and specials
- Biannually present opportunities to the Marketing director to grow the business (for example new growth channels/new markets/ areas we are uncompetitive in and ideas to market or sell the business differently)
- Set sales forecasts and budgets for the key markets in which you are actively marketing in and report against those targets quarterly
- Track the top 20 suppliers growth and decline in key markets you are actively marketing in. Ensure the Marketing director is supplied with this information and proposals are put forward on actions to grow their business.
- Manage ad hoc specials that are granted to convert bookings. Ensure the res team are working to think out the box and convert bookings.
- Ad hoc analysis may be required from time to time
- Marketing budget tracking
- Track existing budget monthly by country versus sales forecasts & report variances to Marketing Director to optimise plans
- Put together proposals for budget and sales forecasts for new marketing channels/ countries
- Involvement in Conservation & Community Initiatives
- Stakeholder in the marketing team to foster initiatives and manage any special events that support the companys ethos along with ensuring this information reaches our tour operators (i.e. sales tools and summaries for our reps to use ongoing)
- Find interesting and compelling ways to sell our community-based tourism model onto our tour operators/agents and journalists
- Project co-ordinate International Travel shows & any PR trips
- Co-ordinate International travel shows (including the marketing collateral required, attendance and running of events)
- Deliver on set KPIs of each trade show by creating positive publicity
- Attend and present at travel shows as required
- Project co-ordinate and implement Sales trips to grow revenue
- Co-ordinate sales trips (including the budget and marketing collateral required)
- Conduct sales trips as needed to the source markets to sell the lodges (this will be agreed year on year which markets to prioritise based on opportunities and budgets available)
- Deliver on set KPIs of each sales trip by creating positive publicity
- Manage the Zimbabwe tour operators (at least twice a year see the top 10 operators in Zimbabwe)
- Own Key operator relationships
- Camp educational visits with key agents to drive publicity (when needed)
- Manage relationships with key operators ensuring they are provided with up to date information to ensure company presence is top of mind & help build tailored plans to assist in selling & marketing in these countries (additional countries may be added to this as we grow or take on new markets)
- Ensure the top 20 plans for these markets are tracked and worked through half yearly
- Aid the source market by providing any information the tour operators are looking for from us (i.e. itineraries/ information for their websites, etc.)
- Lead and effectively market any new growth initiatives
- New initiatives could include new lodges/ refurbs/ new activities ensure these are seamlessly bought into the existing marketing fold of material out there to sell company and ensure all reps and tour operators are made aware of the new news and use these initiatives as tools to actively sell the company.
- Line manage team in Mauritius (clerks/reservations)
- Ensure the team in Mauritius are keeping up with their day to day responsibilities and track their performance and personal growth
- Ensure the department live the values and culture and practice company policy
- Annual performance reviews