Youre moving tech to micro services & building the new technology from there. Youll find a mix of open as well as closed source technology. Youll always be adopting the best tool available. You will find modern engineering practices, built upon many years of aggressive investment in technology. If you are Server Engineer that feels this role is for you, drop in your CV.
This role would require you to provide support within the IT Infrastructure operations environment, with the primary focus being on provisioning and support of physical and virtual servers. The role will encapsulate troubleshooting of both hardware and software related issues and execution of documented operational and maintenance procedures.
- Installation, support and troubleshooting of Windows Server operating systems
- Installation, support and troubleshooting of Windows based server hardware
- Patch management and anti-virus support
- Setup, maintain and support the VMware ESX environment
- Provide after-hours support as/when required
- Adhere to strict change control and project management procedures
- Provide support for and interact with the Retail and Institutional IT Ops teams to continuously enhance the environment
- Responsible for documentation of processes and procedures within the IT Infrastructure operations environment
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role (non-negotiable)
- Configuration, design and maintenance of Microsoft Exchange
- Configuration, design and maintenance of Active Directory
- Preferably have solid skills in PowerShell scripting
- A comprehensive working knowledge of all Microsoft Server operating systems and technologies
- Conversant with HP, Oracle Sun and Cisco server technologies
- Proven experience in a pressurized operations support environment
- Knowledge of operating system security
- Experience with NetApp SAN storage and Linux OS advantageous
- MCSE or MCITP
- Degree in Information Systems
The reference Number for this position is TM47516. Its a senior permanent position based in Cape Town offering a salary of R750 000 per annum cost to company, negotiable based on experience. Contact Tlhalefang on email@example.com or call her on XXX-XXXX to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals! https://www.e-merge.co.za/careers/referralprogramme/