My client is a giant in the financial services sector and has recently created a very exciting role for a Tax Advisor. The role forms part of the Group Corporate Finance team at the Head Office in Bellville.
Brief Key Performance Areas
SA corporate taxes
- Management of the Group tax technical function, with specific emphasis on legislation pertaining to tax administrative and dispute procedures, corporate restructurings, financial instruments (including preference shares/hybrid instruments) and financial institutions (including life and general insurers)
- Review and analysis of group wide impact of new or amended tax laws and implementation thereof
- Targeted tax technical training to business units to ensure tax compliance, implementation of tax advice and timely consideration and/or identification of tax implications of new transactions
- Detailed technical research on ad hoc projects
- Tax technical transactional analysis and support, including tax due diligence, transaction documentation review, assistance with practical implementation matters and resultant tax compliance obligations
- Review of tax implications of financial products offered to clients within the broader Group
- Write and review of correspondence with SARS (information requests, ruling requests and tax disputes)
- Participation and technical support to engage with SARS and National Treasury pertaining to legislative amendments, including participation on industry committees
- Regular tax technical updates and training of staff within the Group tax function
For more information, please call 021 557 4952 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.