Our Client is looking for an experienced, self-motivated and ambitious Senior Travel Consultant / Team Leader to spearhead its South African division; as an extension of its successful, established UK operation. This is a fantastic opportunity for a seasoned travel professional looking to join a leading luxury tour operator at its next pivotal stage of development.
Our Client is an Africa & Indian Ocean specialist with a global, high-end customer base. Reflecting exceptional service levels, a reputation for expertise, and a growing legion of loyal clients, and has recently retained its crown as the UKs Best Safari, Wildlife and Nature Holiday Company. The successful individual will have a demonstrable passion for travel, with at least 5 years proven track record selling luxury, tailor-made African holidays to an international clientele. Using their in-depth knowledge, the successful individual will design tailor-made luxury itineraries for our discerning clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for converting warm leads into sales, in a target-driven environment. In addition, the ability to deliver excellent, highly-personalised customer service is paramount. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are also essential. In addition to the travel consultant responsibilities, the appointed Team Leader will assume managerial responsibility in supervising and leading a growing team of travel consultants as the South African office expands. Reporting to the Directors, the Team Leader will instil the company ethos, manage key projects and supervise the day-to-day operation of the travel consultants. The Team Leader will motivate team members to ensure sales targets are achieved; whilst also monitoring performance and maintaining the highest customer service levels. In addition, he / she will support the Directors in developing the South African sales division, including hiring and training best-of-breed staff.
Key Accountabilities Senior Travel Consultant
- The creation of high quality, tailor-made itineraries for a wide range of client segments, from honeymooners to families.
- Responsibility for the end-to-end sales process including planning, costing, implementing and confirming itineraries; through to post-travel communications
- Conversion of warm sales leads with a mix of email, telephone and Skype contact to build client rapport and trust
- High quality presentation of travel itineraries customised to the clients unique requirements, along with supply of relevant supporting information and advice
- Delivery of gold standard client service at all stages of the sales process to engender repeat and referral business
- Proactive expansion of product knowledge keeping abreast of all latest industry news and developments to ensure expertise and specialism in all destinations is maintained
- Maintain up-to-date commercial knowledge and in-depth knowledge of properties, flight routings and logistics
- Engender good working relationship with colleagues and trade partners; and exhibit a strong team ethic.