Apply NowCompany overview
The company is a company that provides fresh insight into emerging trends and behaviors related to property, automotive and business assets. Our data ensures a comprehensive insight and understanding of people and their relationships to their assets. Our analytical, business and industry expertise is paired with our technical excellence to guide clients in managing risk and making business critical decisions.
company collects and collates data from various sources on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. This data is the core of the companies business and serves as input to our property, automotive, insurance, banking and retail solutions. The company is building a unified data asset to serve as the foundation to a salable data and analytics business. This includes the automation and streamlining of the many processes that are required in order to incorporate and use the data within our products.
We hire exceptional people and provide them with the environment where they can excel. Our non-corporate culture encourages flexibility, collaboration and innovation.
We pride ourselves on our core values of excellence, integrity, creativity, flexibility, impact and teamwork which are reflected in each development, project, product or service we undertake to deliver.
Experienced software tester required to join the companies product development team, focused on web-based and mobile products, with responsibilities including:
• Understanding the companies system architecture and requirements
• Supporting the test planning process with the creation of test plans, data and scripts
• Tracking and maintaining bug lists and aid development teams to ensure resolution
• Applying manual & automated testing techniques
• Providing input into the product release process
• Matric and a relevant tertiary qualification required
• ISTQB® Foundation Certification required
• Additional Role-related certifications advantageous (e.g. ISTQB® advanced certifications, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), MCSD etc.)
• At least 3 years of software testing experience
• Agile/Scrum software development experience advantageous
• Experience of testing methodologies including functional tests, customer scenario testing, stress testing, performance testing and scalability testing
• Understanding of software development life cycle
• Knowledge of business processes and workflows
• Experience with Test Driven Development and Behaviour Driven Development advantageous
• Experience with coding and executing automated tests advantageous
• Able to work well in a team as well as individually
• Attentive to detail, and able to think creatively outside the box
• Able to accurately estimate effort on tasks, prioritise work and deliver to deadlines
• Positive outlook on life, work and other people
• Excited about learning, pushing technical limits and finding new solutions
• Good analytical / problem solving skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills