About the Client:
Our client is an international highly successful software development house with a niche focus on the telecommunications and payment gateway sector.
With almost 20 years of track record, this company is well recognised as a discerning employer. Their training and mentorship program is unsurpassed. Most staff will be highly qualified academically however all will be collaborative, have an Agile mind-set and all enjoying learning new things.
Continuous improvement is a way of life which is reflected in a flat organisational organogram where each employee is encouraged to come up with new solutions.
Each person is encouraged to work on their strengths and for those that are ambitious, this is the best organisation to fast track your way up the career ladder. Equally those that enjoy routine are encouraged and supported to be subject matter experts within their chosen skill set.
Our client is looking for a Junior Solutions Engineer to focus on their E-Commerce and Transaction switching solution. The Junior Solution Engineer will be responsible for project implementations based on solution design specification and in accordance to their blueprint, standards and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in system integration projects and e-commerce as well as a basic understanding of APIs and communication protocols.
He/she should be well versed in current and upcoming technologies and must have a go-getter attitude and be willing to learn at all times.
Must be able to effectively translate system requirements into technical requirements for the development team.
The Junior Solutions Engineer will be required to action and resolve any adhoc queries or tickets that might arise.
- Contributing to solution design and scope of work documents.
- Contributing to project FAT and UAT documentation based off solution design.
- Contributing to use case diagrams and system integration diagrams (X-Mind and DFD).
- Assisting the Business Analysts with design mockups based on client requirements and solution design.
- Contributing to both internal and external training material.
- Maintaining and updating status and comments of allocated projects on our project management software.
- Compiling project completion documentation (DoD) and obtaining approval thereof.
- Logging and updating of changes on ServiceDesk, including compilation and submission of OSI documentation.
- Suggesting product improvements.
- Configuration, testing and deployment of projects based on scope of work and in line with project plans.
- Project UAT assistance to client.
- Handover of projects to operational team and drafting of supporting documentation.
- Attending to Adhoc user requests including L1 and L2 support as escalated from OPS team.
- Rotational after-hours standby.
- Project configuration, development & deployment.
- Change management.
- Internal & external communication.
- Career development.
- Operational support.