- Bachelor engineering degree in a relevant field, preferably Industrial Engineering.
Years of Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a production, engineering or similar role in a heavy industrial manufacturing setting.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.
- Experience in 5S, Daily Management Systems, Problem Solving (5 Whys, Cause & Effect, Root Cause Analysis), Standardized Work, A3s, Ishikawa diagrams and Visual Management.
- An understanding of aluminium facilities, process, materials and people with knowledge of Lean manufacturing / Toyota Production System.
- Ability to provide leadership and achieve results as a change agent and provide change management within a manufacturing environment.
- Written and verbal communication skills and can develop reports and document meeting notes, issues or actions along with preparing and delivering effective presentations.
- Capability to work in a systemic environment, promote standardization and reinforce with example, discipline, dedication and passion for problem solving, waste elimination and process improvement.
- Ability to provide team coaching and achieve results.
- Assist with problem-solving efforts to improve quality and eliminate waste/cost of poor performance.
- Diagnosis of problem(s) from a process, quality, and cultural/people perspective. Prioritize the development plan and metrics for current and target business change.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to train and deliver Toyota Production System / Lean Manufacturing concepts, principles and practices.
- Computer and systems knowledge. Proficiency with Windows and MS Office Suite
- Sense of responsibility, discipline on following the agreed standards and set example to others.
- Can manage multiple projects encompassing a full range of activities that empower the participation of all personnel within an organization.
- Demonstrates team building skills with the ability to facilitate team-based initiatives.