Position: System Administrator
Location: Faerie Glen, Pretoria
Category: Information Technology
Salary: The salary on offer are based on the candidate & not the position, but again it will depend on the qualifications/ experience of the candidate
About the company
- A one-stop solution to collect high volumes of monthly payments from employers' Payrolls and bank accounts.
- Provides a one-stop collections service that overcomes the complexity of having multiple interfaces to a variety of collection streams.
- This reduces the effort and cost of collections and improves the efficiency and accuracy of processes requires the services of a passionate and qualified individual to expand its dynamic team for enhancement of services to the clients.
The role requires the following outcomes and the successful candidate will need extensive knowledge and proven work experience in terms of:
- Hardware roll out and maintaining existing equipment at hosting sites
- Implement and configure servers for DEVELOPMENT, UNIT TESTING, QA and PRODUCTION environments
- Analyze logs and report on potential risks or breaches
- OS (SOLARIS) patching and advice on credibility of available patch sets
- Roll out and maintain and support APACHE as web service
- Roll out and maintain and support PROFTPD as ftp service
- Advice on capacity and performance issues with applications, network, storage, database and servers
- Diagnose, isolate, troubleshoot and fix client complaints regarding system issues
- Investigate, advice and test BCP/DRP procedures and actions
- Apply, monitor and enforce system and network security
- Hardware/software repairs upon failures
- Manage and administer user accounts on servers
- Apply system maintenance on regular basis
- Control and verify system backups and file archiving
- Technical assistance to systems users
- Maintain, evaluate and create documentation regarding the above
- Provide assistance with automation of software installations.