Our client, a property management company in Stellenbosch area, is looking to hire a Team Leader - Credit Control - who is looking for career development to work alongside their finance team.
- 4 to 5 years strong collection experience 70% collection, 30% admin / accts.
- 2 + years experience in the last 4 years dealing with UK consumer debt.
- 2 + years experience in the last 4 years in a proven Team Leader position in a credit control environment of at least 3 to 4 members of staff.
- Must be able to prioritise workload - meaning if something needs to be actioned asap must be able to move from one project to another and move back the original project, they were working on.
After training to be able to complete the below in a polite and confident manner:
- Answering general / detailed / complex requests from the clients.
- Escalating issues to either the Property Managers or to the head of credit control.
- Raise monthly debt reports for each property to send to head of credit control to check.
- Request for 1st / final reminders to be sent to clients for non-payment of the service charges.
- To discuss final payment requests with the head of credit control before sending.
- To discuss which accounts need to be passed to the solicitors with the head of credit control.
- Take and receive calls from clients to discuss issues.
- Agree to setting up monthly payment plans with clients.
- Someone who is used to working in a fast pace environment.
- When working from home must be able to work in a quiet environment so they can focus on the workload.
- Willing to learn about the English collection process as this is very different from South African process, so they need to have an open mind.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Good Excel and Word experience.
- Must be a team player.
- Living no further than a 30 to 40 minute drive from the office which is based just outside Stellenbosch.
- We do have an office but due to the COVID virus, over the next 3 to 6 months, depending on your lock down process, the team will only be working 2 to 3 days a week in the office and 2 to 3 days they will be working from home. This may stay at 2 to 3 days a week in the office / home or it may change to 5 days, therefore when working from home must be able to work in a quiet environment so they can focus on the work load.
- After a period of time to take over the day to day duties with the credit control team.
- 100% commitment is required for the role - on some occasion they may need to be required to work a little over the normal working hours.
Working Hours: 9am to 6 pm Monday to Friday with 1 hour for lunch.
Salary: R27 000 - R28 000 per month (depending on experience)
Area: Stellenbosch area.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please apply online if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful if you do not receive any further feedback.