Cape Town Southern Suburbs
West Coast Personnel
This position is based in Epping
Large Manufacturing Company seeks a Technical Assistant/ PA
- Matric/Grade 12. Tertiary Qualification - Secretarial Diploma or PA with excellent typing proficiency. An Equivalent Qualification as per the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) or RPL (Recognition for Prior Learning) as per SAQA recognition would also be considered.
- Experience in creating and maintaining administrative tracking systems.
- Experience and knowledge with travel arrangements with agencies.
- Must have proven ability in MS Windows packages, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, etc.
- Must possess excellent administrative skills and proven ability to plan and work systematically.
- Prior experience with materials management and document control software will be an advantage.
- Prior experience in a technical chemical environment, as well as relevant experience and knowledge of quality systems would be an advantage.
BASIC JOB FUNCTIONS (Brief Summary)
- To provide administrative support to the Technical departments.
- Typing and filing for Tech and RA departments of various documents, i.e. SOP's, Technical Reports, Audit
- Responses, etc.
- Maintaining chemical and equipment inventories.
- Raising and tracking of purchase orders.
- Liaison between departments as well as external parties as and when required.
- Liaison for travelling and accommodation arrangements as well as international delegates visiting.
- Switchboard relief as and when required
- Dealing with e-mail correspondence and ensuring that relevant points are closed out.
- General administrative duties which include off-site filing.
- Completing technical agreements/statements.
- General office administration to contribute to company operational efficiency.
PERSONAL ATIRIBUTES (Brief Summary)
- Ability to deliver with minimal supervision
- Able to work in a team and independently as and when required
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Good communication (written and verbal) in English with good data capturing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and even overtime or late if and when required
- Must have good attendance record and sober habits
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer relations
E-mail your CV to: anthonyjobs(at)wcp.co.za