Technical Product Manager (CHE709)
R 25 000 to R 30 000 per month + 2/3 of Medical Aid + Life Cover + Funeral Cover + Provident
The Technical Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the Product Lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with sales, marketing and operations to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Technical Product Manager also needs to ensure that the products support the companys overall strategy and goals.
· BTech or similar degree.
· 5 years experience as Product or Technical Manager in telecommunications industry.
· Technical experience in Fibre products
· Technical experience in active products and solutions (Wireless & Fix line Access/Transmission Experience in writing white papers on products and solutions
Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategic and Operational:
· Develop and maintain the product strategy and roadmap
· Develop and maintain Market Requirement Documents (MRDs) and Product Requirement Documents (PRDs)
· Develop and maintain proper competitor analysis and market trend analysis together with Sales Manager
· Responsible for all product demos to customers
· Develop sales tools and product collateral
· Develop strong relationships with customers technical teams and provide technical sales support during customer meetings
· Provide product training to all internal personnel Sales, Marketing and Operations. Support Sales manager with new business development and market research Responsible for white papers and opinion polls on new products and developments Determines customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
· Reviews product specifications and requirements of all current product lines.
· Obtains product market share by working with sales manager to develop product sales strategies. Develops the business case for new products and improvements to existing products
· Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
· Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and buying schedules with procurement department.
· Implement and maintain adequate inventory management and control procedures with procurement and finance departments
· Assist Sales Manager to manage and ensure slow moving stock is addressed and reported on Enters new products into market by analysing proposed product requirements and product development programs together with key suppliers and manufacturers.
· Create item codes and descriptions in line with respective policies and procedures
· Develop, implement and maintain correct material handling procedures for the warehousing and distribution of the product
· Assist the Sales Department and Warehouse with all product quality related queries
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Performs any ad hoc duties deemed appropriate by the Managing Director.
· In collaboration with the MD, Head of Operations and Sales Manager, determine monthly, quarterly, and yearend financial objectives.
· Together with the Management Team set product pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals
· Together with the Sales Manager, deliver a monthly product revenue forecast
· Propose an overall product development budget to ensure success
· Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
· Negotiate pricing and terms with third party product suppliers
· Oversee the monitoring, tracking and compliance of agreements with third party suppliers.
· Act as a leader within the company
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
To apply for this position: Send MS Word format CV to [email protected] and use CHE709 in the subject line