Your thorough knowledge of FMCG Trade Marketing combined with your ability to build winning cases for shelf presence through deep insights into Shopper Marketing / Point-of-View, Customer Marketing Management and Category Management; may allow you a stimulating career-challenging in a dynamic, high-impact environment.
We are a premium-brand multi-national FMCG group, and a global market-leader. We take pride in providing the following:
- Finest products: We carefully select premium product elements from the world's most exclusive regions of origin.
- Sustainable sourcing: We trace product elements back to their origin and we support local producers, resulting in a positive impact on the overall development of origin countries.
- Unique processes:Our processes are honed over decades and include the highest levels of attention to detail, resulting in our inimitable top-quality product-range.
Why join our team?
- With a South African head-office situated in the Mother City of Cape Town; the local business offers a fast-paced, cosmopolitan environment.
- A progressive culture encompassing commitment, passion and initiative allows top performers to make an impact and create a legacy; as part of a global team attaining outstanding results.
- If you can run rings around the Average Joe - We Want You!
About the job:
- Reporting to the Marketing Director and managing a small team of Customer and Category Marketers; the incumbent shall manage the brands growth and profile in the retail environment through in-store campaigns, strong in-store visibility and primary / secondary merchandising. This includes retailer-specific programs and in-store initiatives to support the short- and long-term company strategy and to build brand equity.
- Be the liaison for the Brand Marketing and Sales teams to effectively / efficiently launch campaigns / initiatives and products in-market. Monitor and evaluate implemented plans in close collaboration with KAMs, PMs, Field Sales team and Operations; to ensure maximum brand presence and impact at store level.
- Category Management: Develop and implement account-specific category plans that provide incremental, sustainable category and business growth.
- Channel Development: Utilize TM resources to develop an understanding of accounts and shoppers (category and shopper insights) and communicate learnings (actionable insights) to the Sales and Marketing teams; and incorporate into the development of customer-specific marketing plans.
- In-store Marketing: Pull brand initiatives, sampling and promotional activities into store on time; including planning, implementation and measurement of campaigns to attain profitable growth. Leverage regional opportunities by communicating all promotional elements to support in-store marketing programs and by growing relationships with the Sales Managers.
- Execution: At all times, ensure the highest levels of execution and attention-to-detail within all relevant areas (incl. display development, category plans, customer-specific activities, sampling, reports, presentations, etc.).
- Brand Equity: Create excitement around the brand and initiate ideas to further enhance brand equity to develop the SA business.
- Business Analysis: Manage IRI account, deliver and support internal reports (on external data) as required.
- Stock: Manage stock levels and relationship with POP service provider.
- Store visits: Conduct regular store visits at all retailers to track initiatives, brand exposure, pricing and competitor activities; and report back as required.
- Leadership: Provide management and ongoing coaching of Customer Marketing and Category Management team members.
- Internal relationships: Work closely with all business units and manage or participate in cross-functional teams (incl. providing support to Brand Marketing and Sales before / during Marketing and Sales Plan Dialogues).
- Presentations: Conduct presentations to internal and external key stakeholders on new projects / in-store initiatives / reports, etc. to gain buy-in and commitment (incl. South African management team and International Managers / Directors).
- Budgets: Manage budgets to support NNTS / COOP in line with BU17 (and budget updates) - Display COGs, POSM, Market Research, Sampling, POS Storage / Warehouse.