Trade Tested Mechanical Fitter
Client based in the Northern Suburbs is seeking a hands on and well-rounded Trade Tested Mechanical Fitter from the FMCG Industry. Client is in the Brewery Industry and would require someone with hands on knowledge with plant maintenance within the designated Plant. Working closely with the team leaders, Production manager and a consulting engineer to ensure plant operations are always maintained, to achieve safe, reliable & a cost efficient plants
· Minimum of 3 years of relevant technical experience, preferably in the brewing, beverage or FMCG industry is required.
· Must have completed Trade Test
· Five years of previous experience supervising, leading, and developing staff is required
· Experience/Certification with reliability centred maintenance preferred, (e.g. Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional (CMRP))
· Familiar with electrical systems such as controls, automation, VFDs, PLCs is essential
· Familiar with mechanical systems such as welding, part fabrication, fluid transfer, pneumatics and plumbing is highly desired
· Familiarity with refrigeration and HVAC systems, boilers, and steam principles
· Practical experience with high-speed bottling/packaging operations in food/beverage industries will be highly advantageous
· Thorough understanding of safety regulations
· Work with Management Team to contribute to long-term strategic planning
· Serve as point person for contract services associated with brewery utilities (e.g. glycol chillers, air compressors, boiler)
· The maintenance artisan should be prepared to work on weekends with regards to pack line changes and setup and any maintenance functions that cannot be performed during the operational work week.
· Continuously support the safe, reliable, and efficient operation of all equipment
· Ensure proper execution and completion of all maintenance activities
· Develop, refine and document maintenance procedures
· Foster and promote continuous improvement and root cause analysis processes
· Accountable for equipment reliability and ownership of the entire maintenance process; provide guidance and oversee troubleshooting of equipment issues
· Supports Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Food Safety initiatives
· Establish and maintain an effective spare parts inventory
· Perform other duties as assigned.
CV and Salary Bracket to:
NB: If you have not received feedback from your application within 48 working hours, your application has been unsuccessful for this position.