Our client in the Aviation industry requires the service of Warehouse Operations Manager who will be responsible for executing the corporate strategy of growing our business; this includes developing our key customers, growing our presence in South Africa and Namibia and expanding complementary services.
Key performance areas:
- Responsible for the business interests and operations of all warehouses in South Africa and Namibia.
- Ensuring service delivery to customers is in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs), and within the agreed budget level.
- Ensuring safety and security procedures according to standards set within the Health & Safety Policy Manuals, and according to international aviation standards.
- Monitoring performance and taking action to correct any shortfalls
- Liaising with managers, operations management, customs, police, and security officials, union officials, other stakeholders.
- Drive continuous improvement of all aspects of the business but with specific reference to risk, operational & financial performance.
- Providing reports as required and service delivery measurements.
- Provide leadership to the team and ensure skills development.
- Negotiating SLAs.
- Securing new business, developing opportunities and retaining existing profitable business.
- Maintaining relationships with customers.
- Assisting the regional management team in achieving revenue and profit budgets.
- Developing and implementing short and long term commercial/sales plans to enhance growth.
- Understanding and developing cargo handling services and how they complement other services offered by the company.
- Implementing the defined cargo strategy and working alongside colleagues from across the network to deliver standardised performance.